Understanding Beauty Salon-Related Injuries
Salons are supposed to be safe havens where you can relax and be pampered. If you’ve been injured at a salon, you may feel that your trust has been broken in a fundamental way. You’re now stuck with the burden of getting medical care and treatment. Even seemingly minor injuries can have a big impact on your life.
You may have legal options for holding the salon accountable. At the Law Office of Maria R. Alaimo, LLC, you can find trusted and compassionate guidance on those options. I’m Maria Alaimo, the firm’s founder and sole attorney. I handle beauty salon injury cases for people throughout Florida. I can help you seek the compensation and accountability you deserve.
Types Of Beauty Salon Injuries
Some of the most common categories of salon injuries include:
- Injuries at nail salons such as infections, cuts, fungal infections, loss of nails and other nail injuries
- Wax-related injuries such as burns, cuts, abrasions and scarring
- Chemical burn injuries such as scarring, disfigurement, infections, hair loss, nerve damage and other horrendous injuries
- Slips and falls resulting from dangerous property conditions, such as wet and slippery floors, tripping hazards and unmarked floor transitions
It’s worth noting that these injuries often come with emotional trauma. You may be able to seek compensation for the emotional distress you’ve suffered in addition to the physical harm.
Prevention Of Salon-Related Injuries
Salons in Florida have a duty to provide safe services. That includes:
- Hiring trained, licensed practitioners
- Providing safety training as appropriate
- Meticulously upholding hygienic practices
- Following safety standards in the use of hazardous tools and chemicals, including safe handling and storage
- Informing clients of the risks associated with their services and procedures
- Keeping their premises in a safe condition
It’s on the salon – not you – to uphold these standards.
Tips And Best Practices To Avoid Injuries
As a salon patron, you can reduce your risk of injuries by:
- Thoroughly vetting the salon by looking at reviews and ensuring that the salon and its practitioners are licensed
- Educating yourself about the risks and benefits of salon services and procedures
- Asking questions about the procedure beforehand so that you understand what you’re getting into
- Closely observing whether the salon and its employees practice safe, hygienic practices
Sometimes, however, injuries happen even at reputable salons. There’s nothing you can personally do to prevent them.
Legal Aspects Of Salon-Related Injuries
When salon injuries result from negligence – that is, wrongdoing on the part of the salon owner, manager or employee – you can seek compensation through a personal injury claim. You will need to prove that the wrongdoer failed to uphold an appropriate standard of care and that you suffered injuries as a result.
As an experienced lawyer, I know what it takes to build a strong case. You can count on me to put together the strongest evidence and arguments in your favor.
Learn About Your Options During A Free Consultation
If you’ve experienced harm at a salon, you may understandably feel reluctant to trust other service providers. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your concerns and provide guidance on your options. There’s no fee and no obligation for an initial consultation.